Freelance copywriter, content strategist, editor, and all the rest.
Born in the UK (near London), I moved to the Netherlands in 2014.
As of July 2018, I’m in New York City.
A lil’ background
Writing is my stock in trade. My first piece of writing (self-published) was written aged 7, about a girl and boy falling into a magical chest.
Riddled with grammatical errors, no publisher would take it. The stockist has thrown the master copy away.
Putting that setback aside, I’ve worked as a writer, editor and journalist for the last eight years.
My interest in online writing is more than commercial: for my Master’s degree thesis [9.5MB] I wrote about the relationship between the internet and literature. Go easy on me: I wrote it 7 years ago.
I’m sincerely interested in how writing will be shaped by changes in technology; I’m equally interested in how the history of writing can shape technology as it develops.
- MA in Modern and Contemporary Literature
Birkbeck College, University of London (2011)
- BA in English Literature with Creative Writing
The University of East Anglia (2008)
- Digital Strategist – The Segal Group (July 2018 – Present)
- Content Manager – TRVL (Nov 2017 – May 2018)
- Web Content Specialist – Albelli (Feb 2016 – Oct 2017 )
- Senior Web Editor – The IB (July 2014 – Jan 2016)
- Writer / Researcher – The Key Support (July 2012 – May 2014)
- Content Editor – DVO (Feb 2010- June 2012)
- Copywriter – Various (July 2009 – May 2010)
Of course, there’s also the freelance projects.
You can also download my full resume [42KB], which was last updated in May 2018.
Follow me on Twitter and Instagram
Add me on LinkedIn
You’ll find me on LinkedIn, too.