Senior digital professional working across UX and marketing, with experience in people and project management.
Born in the UK (near London), I moved to New York City in July 2018. Before New York, I lived in the Netherlands.
Words are my passion and my trade. My first piece of writing (self-published) was written aged 7, about a girl and boy falling into a magical chest. Riddled with grammatical errors, no publisher would take it. The patron has thrown the master copy away.
Putting that setback aside, I’ve worked as a writer and strategist, across marketing, UX and journalism, since 2009.
My interest in online writing is more than commercial: for my Master’s degree thesis [PDF: 9.5MB] I wrote about the relationship between the internet and literature. Go easy on me: I wrote it in my twenties.
I’m sincerely interested in how writing will be shaped by changes in technology; I’m equally interested in how the history of writing can shape technology and digital culture.
- MA in Modern and Contemporary Literature
Birkbeck College, University of London (2011)
- BA in English Literature with Creative Writing
The University of East Anglia (2008)
- Director, Digital Strategy – Segal (July 2018 – May 2021)
- Freelance Strategist – Mile End (May – July 2018)
- Content Manager – TRVL (Nov 2017 – May 2018)
- Web Content Specialist – Albelli (Feb 2016 – Oct 2017 )
- Senior Web Editor – The IB (July 2014 – Jan 2016)
- Writer and Researcher – The Key Support (July 2012 – May 2014)
- Content Editor – DVO (Feb 2010- June 2012)
- Copywriter – Various (July 2009 – May 2010)
Add me on LinkedIn
If you like! Here’s my LinkedIn profile.