Born in the UK (near London), I moved to the Netherlands in 2014 and have lived here since.
Writing is my stock in trade. My first piece of writing (self-published) was written aged 7, about a girl and boy falling into a magical chest.
Riddled with grammatical errors, no publisher would take it. The stockist has thrown the master copy away.
Putting that setback aside, I’ve worked as a writer, editor and journalist for the last eight years.
My interest in online writing is more than commercial: for my Master’s degree thesis [9.5MB] I wrote about the relationship between the internet and literature.
I’m sincerely interested in how writing will be shaped by changes in technology; I’m equally interested in how the history of writing can shape technology as it develops.
- MA in Modern and Contemporary Literature
Birkbeck College, University of London (2011)
- BA in English Literature with Creative Writing
The University of East Anglia (2008)
- Web Content Specialist – Albelli (2016 – )
- Senior Web Editor – The IB (2014-2016)
- Writer / Researcher – The Key Support (2012-2014)
- Content Editor – DVO (2010-2012)
- Copywriter – Various (2009-2010)
Of course, there’s also the freelance projects too.
Follow me on twitter
If you like. My handle is @ChrisWoolfrey.
Add me on LinkedIn
You’ll find me on LinkedIn, too.