Content strategist, writer, editor, and all the rest.
Born in the UK (near London), I moved to New York City in July 2018.
Before New York, I lived in the Netherlands.
Words are my passion and my trade. My first piece of writing (self-published) was written aged 7, about a girl and boy falling into a magical chest. Riddled with grammatical errors, no publisher would take it. The patron has thrown the master copy away.
Putting that setback aside, I’ve worked as a writer, across marketing, UX and journalism, since 2009.
My interest in online writing is more than commercial: for my Master’s degree thesis [9.5MB] I wrote about the relationship between the internet and literature. Go easy on me: I wrote it in my twenties.
I’m sincerely interested in how writing will be shaped by changes in technology; I’m equally interested in how the history of writing can shape technology and digital culture.
- MA in Modern and Contemporary Literature
Birkbeck College, University of London (2011)
- BA in English Literature with Creative Writing
The University of East Anglia (2008)
- Digital Strategist – The Segal Group (July 2018 – Present)
- Freelance Strategist – Mile End (May – July 2018)
- Content Manager – TRVL (Nov 2017 – May 2018)
- Web Content Specialist – Albelli (Feb 2016 – Oct 2017 )
- Senior Web Editor – The IB (July 2014 – Jan 2016)
- Writer / Researcher – The Key Support (July 2012 – May 2014)
- Content Editor – DVO (Feb 2010- June 2012)
- Copywriter – Various (July 2009 – May 2010)
Of course, there’s also the freelance projects.
And you can download my full resume, which was last updated in February 2020.
Follow me on Twitter
If you like. I’m @ChrisWoolfrey.
Add me on LinkedIn
You’ll find me on LinkedIn, too.