To ask a question about my work, use the following form.
About my background
I have several years of experience as a content strategist, building on more than a decade in writing of various kinds.
You’ll find out more on my portfolio. But here’s a summary:
- Conducted website re-launches, branding overhauls and frontend content strategy for various B2b and B2C organizations
- Developed content workflows that worked efficiently across locations and timezones
- Handled SEO, social media, email and web content
- Created user personas, to which all content marketing was tied, at both major international companies and smaller firms
- Worked closely with front-end developers on user stories, technical requirements and feature development
And a whole bunch of other tasks where a content strategist needed to provide perspective, input and expertise on target users’ content needs.
Because it’s not always clear whether a content strategist needed to be involved (or not) in a particular project – or how to define what content strategy is – I’ve also written up my thoughts on the matter.
Check out What is content strategy? In it, I discuss the difference between frontend and backend content strategy but also look at whether the role correlates with ‘traditional’ roles, like managing editor, used in other industries.
As you’d expect, Distilled also has a useful answer to the question.