November 2017 – May 2018.
In October 2017 I was headhunted by TRVL, a fast-growing travel startup.
TRVL aims to develop the world’s best peer-to-peer travel advice network at the same time as offering the best rates for all kinds of travel-related services: hotels, car rental, restaurants, and paid attractions.
It started in the summer of 2017 with hotels. My job is to develop the peer-to-peer side of the brand, deliver greater sign ups, and increase hotel bookings.
A classic balancing act: find a way to generate revenue at the same time as developing compelling, shareable content that draws in users and encourages them to talk to one another.
So, What did you do?
First, I embbeded a content strategy by completing some fundamental frontend content strategy tasks. That is:
- Worked with data to identify target audiences and develop user personas
- Collaborated with TRVL’s CEO and Product Owner to create a space for user generated content (UGC)
- Considered how to position TRVL in the industry, by developing tone of voice guidelines
- Continued work on an SEO strategy, in line with branding, to grow TRVL’s audience
- Created a content calendar, and content guidelines, to ensure that TRVL published the right content, at the right times, to the right channels.
Last but not least (really: it was the most important part of my job), I developed story ideas, briefed writers, edited their work, and published all the content.